Start action on other device (NFC + Tasker)

Goal:

I have two Android devices (a smartphone and a streaming box). I wanted to start a Spotify playlist on my streaming box, triggered by an NFC action on my smartphone. The streaming box is connected to my AV receiver, so it was important that the music is not played on my smartphone but on the streaming box.

What you need:


How it is done:

I don't want to go through every step in detail, mostly it is selfexplanatory once you have the different components.

  • On the streaming box:
    • Install Tasker, AutoRemote, Spotify
    • Create the task which should be triggered on the streaming box (e.g. Spotify play - see my other blog posts).
    • Create a new profile in Tasker using AutoRemote on the streaming box to listen to a specific input (e.g. "spot") from the second device.
  • On your mobile phone
    • Install Tasker, AutoRemote, Trigger
    • Create a Tasker task: activate WIFI, wait several seconds, AutoRemoteLite Message to send text "spot" to your streaming device, wait a couple of seconds and deactivate WIFI
    • Create a new task in Trigger. You can access the Tasker task directly in Trigger and you can write it to the NFC tags you've bought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teclast X98 Plus Dual OS & mirek190 v2.1 ROM

Milight + Android = Fun

Aqara Temperatur- und Feuchtigkeitssensoren + Home Assistant + Google Assistant